PHASE 7: COVERAGE PLAN
Cover the market potential with the most cost-effective direct and indirect sales channels.
Design a coverage plan that serves the needs of your customers while optimizing customer acquisition cost. Use the best channel to penetrate each account and maximize lifetime value.
- For each go-to-market channel, you understand the Customer Acquisition Costs (CAC) and Customer Lifetime Value (CLTV).
- You use “potential” to determine your coverage plan and not simply revenue.
- Every account that can spend money with you gets the appropriate attention it needs to justify the spend.
- You are over-staffing sales resources for your top accounts.
- You are under-staffing sales resources for your bottom accounts.
- You clearly understand how each segment of your total available market wants to be served.
- Each customer and prospect in your total available market has an account potential assigned to it.
- It is clear where each channel begins and ends, and you have minimal channel conflict.
- You do not have expensive field sales reps calling on low potential accounts in the market.
- When compared to your top 3 competitors, you understand how your coverage model is different and why.
- Buyer Channel Preference Assessment
- Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC)
- Customer Lifetime Value (CLTV)
- Bottoms-up Potential Analysis
- Capacity Model by Role
- Coverage Plan by Channel