Baachu Talk Podcast
Showcasing the human leadership stories behind UK public and business services
Part of 18-24 May 2020, mental health week kindness theme, I shared my kindness stories
I then reached out to few industry leaders to share their kindness story, Baachu Talk Podcast was born 1st June. I noticed everyone has different views and priorities, differences aside they all want the best for the country.
This podcast is my little part to showcase human leadership behind our public services (private, public, tech, third sector) and enable us to come together and kickstart a concerted effort to maintain and build on this – ‘Together’.
I personally invite you to listen to Baachu Talk.
Today's guest is George Lilley
George is Director of the Eric Wright Group and the Managing Director for Eric Wright FM. George is an experienced business leader with 30 years' experience within the FM industry. He gained extensive and diverse knowledge from fulfilling various roles within private and publicly owned companies, as well as running his own successful business. Eric Wright FM is a regional business based in the North West and the proud winner of IWFM's 2019 'IMPACT' award for society and social Value. George favourite pastime is walking his three Labradors – two of which he rehomed from The Dog's Trust in August 2019. He also enjoys cycling. Every year George challenges myself to undertake two long-distance (200+ mile) rides in the summer - although covid19 has put a hold on his external plans. George is also as retired FA Level 2 Junior Football Coach.
In this truly inspirational episode, we will discuss George’s
- Early life and education
- First Job
- Entry and Experience in Maintenance sector
- Entrepreneur journey
- Wright FM and Social Impact
- Key achievements
- 3 things not many people know about him
- First reaction hearing Covid19 lockdown and subsequent approach
- Adaptation to new normal
- Advice to people wanting to pursue leadership career
- One thing he wish he had known early in his career
- One kind or thoughtful thing someone did to him
- Kindest person he knows
- Best piece of advice he has received
- Biggest lesson life has taught him
Few random questions
- As a child, what did you wish to become when you grew up?
- What trait do you like the most about yourself?
- What was the best year of your life? Why?
- If you could be an Olympic athlete, in what sport would you compete?
- If you could go to the past or future, where would you stay and why?
- What is something you’ve tried, that you’ll never, ever try again?
- Do you have a nickname?
- What would you do if you were the last person on this earth?
- What random stranger has had the biggest impact on your life?
- Name one thing that drives you crazy?
- Who is your best friend? Tell us about him/her?
- if you want to succeed make people life easier
- Study Night school and work day time
- Thursday clap small thing to do but the impact is massive
- Front line cleaning workers cannot operate with background cleaning
- I wanted to become nurse
- I like my energy, great to be energetic
- I am happy with the present
- Everybody works hard
- I would not change a thing in my life
- Life is about enjoying people and stuff like that
- My best friend is my wife
- I like being quiet and keep low profile
- People with ability that do not apply themselves make me angry
- Money should not be a driver for everything
- You must keep your integrity
- Keep the family at home and I will move around for work – gives the kids more security
- We know we will never get this amount of time as family ever again
- Best way of handling growth is to promote within
- Cascading in crisis environment doesnt work, you need to be creative
- There is joy in being cold and being wrapped up
Get to know George Lilley, one of the most socially conscious leader you will ever meet.