Baachu Talk Podcast
Showcasing the human leadership stories behind UK public and business services
Part of 18-24 May 2020, mental health week kindness theme, I shared my kindness stories
I then reached out to few industry leaders to share their kindness story, Baachu Talk Podcast was born 1st June. I noticed everyone has different views and priorities, differences aside they all want the best for the country.
This podcast is my little part to showcase human leadership behind our public services (private, public, tech, third sector) and enable us to come together and kickstart a concerted effort to maintain and build on this – ‘Together’.
I personally invite you to listen to Baachu Talk.
Today's guest is Angad Rajain
Angad is currently serving as the Global IFM Head at Tenon FM and is responsible for the growth of the Facility Management business in India and UK and has been associated with the firm since 2014. Previously, he served as the MD of Tenon FM India where he further strengthened Tenon FM market leadership. Angad is a management graduate and topper from Yale School of Management and brings with him a new and invigorated approach of managerial style. His experience of working with the world’s leading financial institute, Blackrock adds a strategic dimension to his leadership. He was actively involved in the Tenon Group’s two recent acquisitions – O&G in UK and Frontline Security in Singapore.
In this episode, we will discuss Angad’s
- Early life and School
- Bachelor’s degree at NYU and only 2nd Indian Topper at Yale School of Management
- First job at Blackrock around 2008 crisis
- Entry to FM through Tenon leadership development
- Introduction to Tenon FM, A Truly indian MNC
- Tribute and Early memories of Father & Founder of Tenon FM, Manjit Rajain and his entrepreneur journey
- Experience of working alongside his father
- Key achievements so far
- 3 things not many people know about him
- Covid19 kindness stories
- Adaptation to the new normal
- Advice to some wanting to pursue leadership career
- One thing he wished he had known when you began your career
- Most influential people in his life and career
- One kind thing someone did to him
- Best piece of advice he received and from whom
Few random questions
- As a child, what did you wish to become when you grew up?
- Whats is your favourite subject at school?
- What trait do you like the most about yourself?
- What random stranger has had the biggest impact on your life?
- When you are having a bad day, what do you do to make yourself feel better?
- Who would like to play your life in bollywood and hollywood?
- If you could be anywhere else right now, where would it be?
- If you could eat only 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be?
- Accomplishments is better for others to judge
- Leaders need to build great culture with public service and entrepreneurial ethos
- Work within UK Government guidance and develop your safe systems at work
- Be determined and be resilient
- Calmness under pressure
- Surround yourself with resilient people
- Work life balance
- Most people are decent and kind human beings
Listen in to know more Colin, a people leader