phase 4: content planning
Content marketing generates revenue when you know exactly what information your customers need, where they need it, how often they need it, and in what form they need to consume it. The right content marketing strategy will support your campaigns and enable your sales team to be more effective.
- Using a research-based approach, you have segmented and prioritized your customers and prospects (i.e. Buyers).
- You understand and have prioritized the information needs of your Buyers. (i.e., what type of content and when and how do they want to receive it).
- You know how your Buyers go to fulfill their information needs.
- You have audited your content in the last 12 months and have identified the gaps you need to fill to best serve your Buyers.
- You maintain a content roadmap that is aligned to your campaign execution plan.
- Based on research, you have accurately identified and prioritized all customer touchpoints (i.e. the Buyer’s Journey).
- You have created a catalog of content, and you have mapped every asset to the appropriate phase of the Buyer’s Journey.
- You customize your content based on the Buyer and the distribution channel.
- You have a method for the real-time measurement of the performance of your content.
- Your content is actively used in the field, which leads to the desired revenue outcomes of the company.
- Content Audit
- Trigger Event Analysis
- Editorial Calendar
- Production Schedule
- Content Distribution Plan